I know survey’s are old news but I always like doing the end of the year one just to look back and see how this year really went.
1. What did you do in 2016 that you’d never done before? Went to Montreal and Madison, WI. Was broken up with. Spent Christmas in LA. Stayed at a cabin in Big Bear. Went to Ft Myers, FL. Started doing storytelling.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? No and no.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No I don’t think so.
4. Did anyone close to you die? no
5. What countries did you visit? us and canada
6. What would you like to have in 2017 that you lacked in 2016? A healthy relationship and tour more for comedy.
7. What date from 2016 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? My birthday was really awesome, that’s about it.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Getting a sketch featured on whohaha, doing a show with Demetri Martin, getting into two festivals.
9. What was your biggest failure? Not having enough money, heartbreak because men are garbage.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nope, just basic cold sickness.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Trips
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My parents, my roommate, the majority of my friends in LA and Chicago.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Some piece of shit dude that you know we all hope just gets hit by a car.
14. Where did most of your money go? Rent, alcohol probably haha
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? I stayed in a hotel one night that was fun and Big Bear, also going to a party in Montreal.
16. What song will always remind you of 2016? Mostly all Nicki Minaj, The Chainsmokers –
Closer, Tegan and Sara’s Heartthrob album, Katy Perry’s “Part of Me,” Alanis’s “You Oughta Know.”
17. Compared to this time last year:
happier or sadder? Sadder/Angrier.
Older or wiser? Wiser
Thinner or Fatter? Thinner.
Richer or poorer? Richer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Traveleddd.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Cared, haha.
20. How will you be spending Christmas? I spent it in LA with my parents.
21. How will you be spending New Years Eve? Do not know.
22. Did you fall in love in 2016? I was but I don’t really think it’s real.
23. How many one-night stands? Well I hooked up with a dude for a month and it was just basically a huge month-long one night stand.
24. What was your favorite TV program? RuPaul’s Drag Race, Stranger Things, American Horror Story, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, SNL,, Orphan Black, Shameless,
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Yes, one person I loathe.
26. What was the best book you read? I have to say I didn’t really read much which is sad but David Spade’s autobio was fun.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? The Chainsmokers and Tegan and Sara
28. What did you want and get? So many great friends, a job with benefits,
29. What did you want and not get? To be loved back by someone that cared, instead it was just a person that did not give a shit. Also more stand up shows.
30. What was your favorite film(s) of this year? POPSTAR
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I went to a 90’s dance party at a club with all of my best friends and my boyfriend at the time who was nice then but then turned into a monster, it was so much fun.
32. What would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? More stand up shows, also you know love haha but it probably doesn’t exist.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2016? skinny high-wasted jeans and crop tops cuz I’m fit now whuuuuuut, boots, workout clothes, hoodies.
34. What kept you sane? My family, friends, and going to the gym.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? James Franco.
36. What political issue stirred you the most? THE ELECTION DUH
37. Who did (do) you miss? MY CAT.
38. Who was the best new person/ people you met? I met a lot of new friends in LA that we bonded almost immediately and became good friends.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2016: Don’t trust anyone, everyone is out for themselves, just do your own thing and fuck everyone else. Love isn’t real.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: basically all of “One Hand in my Pocket” by Alanis
How about you guys? How was your 2016? Do this survey and post a link below so I can read your results!