2011 was definitely my favorite year in a while and I felt like it needed to be summed up in a survey.
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before? Moved out of my house, moved across country, drove cross country, took a vacation by myself, went to Spain and Portugal, Went on a product review trip to Gettysburg, Got fired, Been on television, Went to Mexico.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I think my one resolution was to play my guitar everyday and I failed.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No but my cousin’s friend did.
4. Did anyone close to you die? No, thank goodness for that!
5. What countries did you visit? Spain, Portugal, and Mexico!
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011? A working acting career and maybe a boyfriend.
7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? October 1st was move in day. Also just the month of July was the best month ever.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Moving out and living on my own also just booking a two week vacation by myself was the best thing I ever done.
9. What was your biggest failure? Hmm, nothing really, I’m in the early stages of my career. Maybe not doing it sooner?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nope!
11. What was the best thing you bought? A trip to Spain and Portugal! Sorry if that’s beating a dead horse but it was!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My parents for supporting my decisions and my awesome roommates.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Nobody! I got rid of those people when I moved away, mwahahaha!
14. Where did most of your money go? Rent and trips!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? My Spain and Portugal trip! Moving to California!
16. What song will always remind you of 2009? “Friday” by Rebecca Black, “Party Rock Anthem” by LMFAO, “The Funeral” by Band of Horses, “Monster” by Kanye West.
17. Compared to this time last year:
happier or sadder? Happier!
Older or wiser? Both!
Thinner or Fatter? I think fatter.
Richer or poorer? Poorer, but for good reason! I didn’t have to pay rent last year!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Worked more? But I did work a lot. Maybe socialized.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Sitting at home.
20. How will you be spending Christmas? Going home to NJ and spending it with my family!
21. How will you be spending New Years Eve? Probably with my close friends in NJ.
22. Did you fall in love in 2011? Yes, with Spain.
23. How many one-night stands? Nope.
24. What was your favorite TV program? Community! And SNL but that never changes. Also Buffy, I discovered Buffy this year.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I don’t think so, in fact I probably hate less people.
26. What was the best book you read? Bossypants by Tina Fey, definitely.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? I really got into Passion Pit and Mumford and Sons this year.
28. What did you want and get? A trip trip of a lifetime.
29. What did you want and not get? A solid acting career and a man not gonna lie.
30. What was your favorite film(s) of this year? Not many really good ones, Harry Potter was amazing, no surprise there and Rise of the Planet of the Apes, The Muppets, and Harold and Kumar 3 were my favorites.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I went to AC with my friends, I turned 23.
32. What would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? This year was my favorite year in a while, really not much could have made it more satisfying. Maybe more money?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011? Lots of jeans but also a lot of fringe, boots, baggy shirts, kind of grunge/boho-y?
34. What kept you sane? Sleep, always looking forward to something, exercising.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Andrew Garfield maybe.
36. What political issue stirred you the most? Nothing really this year.
37. Who did (do) you miss? I miss my family and my friends like Paul, Gladys, and Sammi quite a bit since they’re not here. Also my new friends on Contiki.
38. Who was the best new person/ people you met? I met so many amazing people this year it’s hard to pick favorites. I guess I’m going to have to go with my roommates and my only friend in Cali Kailey though since I;m going to be hanging with them for a while. But everyone on my Contiki trip and Kristina, Ashley, and Priscila from Portugal. They were all amazing!
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010: Don’t think, just jump. I didn’t think much about my Spanish trip or going to Lisbon right after I was just all “Why not?” and it was the best trip I’ve ever taken. So don’t over think things, if you wanted to do something for a while just do it!
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: “After tonight, who knows where we’ll be tomorrow. What if we’re never hear again? After tonight, this will be a lifetime ago, so let’s stay up til the sky bleeds red.”
How about you guys? How was your 2011? Do this survey and post a link below so I can read your results! 🙂