Yes, I’m well aware that Christmas is one week away and we’re well into peppermint season and past pumpkin season but I can’t let it go, okay?! I love it too much and I don’t want to wait another year for it to return. So grab a can of pumpkin and we’ll make our own easy pumpkin recipes.
1. Pumpkin Oatmeal – This one is so easy you can even use instant oatmeal, I do. I buy the pumpkin spice oatmeal from Target, heat it up, then add a tablespoon of pumpkin and some cinnamon sugar, and BAM!
2. Pumpkin Smoothie – If Jamba Juice can do it so can you!
– 1/2 cup pumpkin
– 1/2 frozen banana
– 3/4 cup almond milk
– 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
– 1 tsp cinnamon
– 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Mix them all in a blender and enjoy! (I found this recipe on FitSugar).
3. Pumpkin Pancakes – Keeping it simple, you use the pancake batter you usually use but also stir in 1/2 cup pumpkin and 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice.
4. Pumpkin Cream Cheese – Pretty similar but you stir in the pumpkin and pumpkin spice in the cream cheese. Depending on how pumpkin-y you want the cream cheese is how much pumpkin you add in. Put it on some pumpkin bagels (I got mine at Trader Joe’s) if they still have any left.
There’s a few simple but delicious ideas but if you have any suggestions or recommendations leave them below. Help keep the pumpkin alive!